The Sportstar Aces Awards are back for a fifth chapter, seeking to honour incredible performances in sports across various disciplines.
Among the many Popular Choice honours open to public voting is the coveted Sportstar of the Year (Female) award and the nominee list is packed with super achievers from across the spectrum of sport.
- VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE SPORTSPERSONS AHEAD OF THE SPORTSTAR ACES AWARDS. CLICK HERE.
Harmanpreet Kaur (Cricket), Mirabai Chanu (Weightlifting), Nikhat Zareen (Boxing), Vinesh Phogat (Wrestling), Avani Lekhara (Shooting) are nominated for the honour.
Here’s a look at Harmanpreet Kaur’s achievements from the year gone by.
The Indian captain had a successful 2022 with the bat. She made 387 runs in 17 T20Is at an average of 35.18.
Harmanpreet led India to a seventh Women’s Asia Cup title with a win over Sri Lanka and also helmed the team’s silver-medal winning campaign at the Birmingham Commonwealth Games.
She was equally impressive in the 50-over format, in which her standout performance came against England in the second ODI in September. She struck an unbeaten 143, the highest by an Indian captain in women’s ODIs. Her score is also the third-highest individual score for India in this format.
Harmanpreet now has five ODI hundreds - the joint second-most by a batter for India Women.
The event is powered by IDFC First Bank and supported by Indian Oil, India Cements, United India, Ramaiah University, Experimenta Science Center GD Naidu Charity, Finolex Pipes, LIC, BPCL, Samsonite, Big Basket, Nippon Paint, CRICHQ, Casagrand and Wordswork.
- BCCI announces India’s international fixtures for home season in 2023-24
- Naoya Inoue stops Stephen Fulton and wins world titles in fourth weight class
- Harmanpreet Kaur suspended by ICC for two matches
- Misbah-ul-Haq set to join PCB as advisor
- PSG without Mbappe holds Ronaldo and Co. to a draw in pre-season friendly