Indian hockey player Hardik Singh won the Sportstar Aces Award for Sportsman of the Year (Team Sports) at the Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai on Thursday.
Though Hardik’s year started with a setback, when he suffered an injury during India’s World Cup campaign in Odisha, he bounced back in style. Hardik was a vital clog in the Indian team under coach Craig Fulton, which won the Asian Champions Trophy in August.
Serving as the vice captain of the side, Hardik was influential in India clinching gold at the Asian Games to seal a Paris Olympics berth.
For his performances, Hardik was named the FIH Player of the Year in December. Earlier, in March, he was awarded the Hockey India Balbir Singh Sr. Award for Player of the Year 2022.
The event is presented by Amul, powered by IDFC First Bank in association with Indian Oil. The associate partners are LIC India, State Bank of India, Greyon Cosmetic, India Cements, United India Insurance, NTPC, and Ramaiah University. The realty partner is Casagrand, with online grocery partner Big Basket, colour partner Nippon Paint and education partner Christ University. The co-sponsors are Pratiyogita Darpan, SSVM, PSG, Signpost, Digital OOH Partner, NDTV, Broadcast Partner, WordsWork, PR Partner and Dailyhunt, Online Streaming Partner.
- Few players will suffer but let it be: Kapil backs BCCI strictness on domestic cricket
- WPL 2024: Defending champion MI gets Harmanpreet boost ahead of RCB clash
- He’s the new Ravichandran Ashwin: Vaughan on Shoaib Bashir
- Kipchoge pays tribute to Kiptum ahead of Tokyo Marathon
- Red Bull Racing head Horner denies misconduct after alleged evidence dump, dismisses ‘anonymous speculation’