Vandana Katariya won the Sporstar Aces Award for Sportswoman of the Year (Team Sports) at the Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai on Thursday.
Katariya became the first Indian women’s hockey player to record 300 international caps. She completed the milestone during the Women’s Asian Champions Trophy, where she scored four goals. The 31-year-old also played a crucial role in helping India clinch a bronze medal at the Asian Games.
She was one of the mainstays in the Indian team, which climbed up to sixth — its best-ever — in the world rankings. Katariya also scored in India’s 3-0 win over Spain in the final of the Spanish Hockey Federation tournament.
Katariya was awarded Hockey India’s Dhanraj Pillay Award for the Forward of the Year 2022, and her performances in 2023 further reiterated her class.
The event is presented by Amul, powered by IDFC First Bank in association with Indian Oil. The associate partners are LIC India, State Bank of India, Greyon Cosmetic, India Cements, United India Insurance, NTPC, and Ramaiah University. The realty partner is Casagrand, with online grocery partner Big Basket, colour partner Nippon Paint and education partner Christ University. The co-sponsors are Pratiyogita Darpan, SSVM, PSG, Signpost, Digital OOH Partner, NDTV, Broadcast Partner, WordsWork, PR Partner and Dailyhunt, Online Streaming Partner.
- Crystal Palace co-owner hits out at Premier League financial rules
- BCCI to conduct women’s red-ball tournament in Pune from March 28
- NZ vs AUS, 1st Test - Day 2: Australia takes charge in Wellington after Green’s rearguard
- From outcasts to PKL title contenders: Coach Manpreet Singh’s Steelers defy odds to reach the top
- Book review: A valuable anthology of Indian sport and place of women in it