The Indian men’s handball team went down 32-25 to Bahrain in a Group D preliminary match of the Asian Games here on Wednesday.
At the Kopki indoor stadium, India scored 11 in the first period and 14 in the second; Bahrain’s corresponding scores were 14 and 18. Deepak Ahlawat was the most prolific scorer for India, managing to strike six out of 10, while Adithya Nagaraj scored four out of six for India. Among others, Karamjeet Singh scored five out of seven times and Harender Singh scored four out of seven times.
India had lost to Chinese Taipei 28-18 in its opening preliminary encounter .
In the men’s competition, 12th-ranked India is clubbed with Chinese Taipei and Bahrain, in one of four groups.
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organization are not correct
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave