India’s Murali Sreeshankar won silver in the men’s long jump at the Hangzhou Asian Games on Sunday. He managed a best jump of 8.19m but lost to China’s Wang Jianan who topped the charts with a 8.22m jump.
Sreeshankar came into the Asian Games hoping to redeem himself after his disappointing show at the World Championships. His personal and season’s best of 8.41m puts him in the fourth spot in the world and second among Asians behind compatriot Jeswin Aldrin.
Aldrin finished eighth with a best jump of 7.76m.
Aldrin had a disappointing outing in Hangzhou. He was the world season leader before the World Championships with his national record jump of 8.41m early in the season. But he was inconsistent throughout the season with fitness issues also dogging him, due to which he pulled out of the Asian Championships. He is still the season leader among Asians and third in the world.
- New Zealand vs South Africa Live Streaming Info, ICC World Cup 2023: When and where to watch NZ vs SA match today?
- NZ vs SA head-to-head record in ODIs: New Zealand vs South Africa overall stats, most runs, wickets
- NZ vs SA head-to-head record in ODI World Cup: New Zealand vs South Africa WC results, batting and bowling records
- New Zealand vs South Africa Dream11 Prediction, ICC World Cup 2023: NZ vs SA playing XI, fantasy team, squads
- New Zealand vs South Africa live score, World Cup 2023: Toss at 1:30 PM; Probable playing XI; Live streaming info