India clinched its first gold medal of the Asian Games 2023 when the Aishwary Pratap Singh, Divyansh Singh Panwar and Rudrankksh Patil claimed the top place in the 10m air rifle men’s team event on Monday.
Later in the day, the women’s cricket team defeated Sri Lanka by 19 runs to bring home the second gold medal of the 2023 campaign.
India also won two bronze medals in rowing on Monday in men’s fours and men’s quadruple sculls.
The other medals in the day, two bronze, were won by Aishwary Pratap Singh who won bronze in the men’s 10m air rifle event and the men’s 25m rapid fire pistol men’s team.
India’s overall tally ticked up to 11 which put it in the sixth place.
Here are the medal standings:
|1||People's Republic of China||39||21||9||69|
|2||Republic of Korea||10||10||13||33|
|5||Hong Kong, China||3||4||7||14|
India also had near misses on Monday in shooting. Rudrankksh Patil and Vijayveer Sidhu reached the finals in their shooting events but finished fourth.
China continued to dominate the medals tally with a whopping 39 gold medals which formed a majority of its overall tally of 69.
- Brazil vs Argentina LIVE Score, FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: Lineups out as Messi starts for ARG vs BRA; Kick-off at 6:00 AM IST
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: India coach Igor Stimac rues missed opportunities after loss to ‘out of league’ Qatar
- Brazil vs Argentina Dream 11 Prediction, 2026 FIFA CONMEBOL Qualifiers: BRA v ARG predicted XI, fantasy team, team news
- Brazil vs Argentina LIVE streaming info: When and where to watch FIFA World Cup 2026 CONMEBOL qualifier
- When and who does India play in its next FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifier