The Indian women’s 10m air rifle team comprising Mehuli Ghosh, Ramita and Ashi Chouksey bagged the country’s first medal in the ongoing Asian Games in Hangzhou.
In the individual qualification round, the trio shot a total of 1886.0 to claim the silver medal. China claimed the gold medal with 1896.6 points, while Mongolia confirmed a bronze with 1880.0.
Ramita, who eventually finished second, was the pick of the team, scoring 631.9. Mehuli, with 630.8 points, finished fifth. Chouksey finished way outside the top eight with a mere 623.3, which means only two Indians will be competing for a medal in the final later on Sunday.
The Chinese trio of Han Jiayu, Huang Yuting and Wang Zhilin broke the five-year-old Asian record en route to their total. The previous record was held by China itself (1893.0).
More to follow...
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis LIVE Updates, AFC Champions League 2023-24: Cristiano Ronaldo, Mane, Brozovic starts
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Defending champions Haryana to face Punjab in the final
- Ravi Shastri sees India as ‘serious’ title contender for 2024 T20 World Cup