Indian women’s squash team bagged bronze after losing 1-2 to Hong Kong, China, in the semifinals at the ongoing Asian Games in Hangzhou on Friday.
India started on the backfoot as Tanvi Khanna lost to Sin Yuk Chan 6-11, 7-11, 3-11 in straight games in a contest that lasted just 22 minutes. Joshna Chinappa then restored parity in a five-game thriller, winning 7-11, 11-7, 9-11, 11-6, 11-8 against Tze Lok Ho in the second match.
In the decider, Anahat Singh’s valiant efforts went in vain as she lost 8-11, 7-11, 10-12 against Ka Yi Lee. In the third game, Anahat almost staged an unlikely comeback, grabbing six points on the trot to extend the game but Lee took the game away.
With this bronze, India sits fourth in the medal standings with 31 medals, including eight golds.
More to follow...
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 2: Kerala 231 all out vs Mumbai; Tamil Nadu makes 296 vs Goa; Padikkal hits ton
- Beckham interview: Manchester United needs change in ownership
- NBA 2023-24 Roundup: Balanced scoring lifts Milwaukee Bucks past Washinton Wizards
- Manchester City vs Liverpool: Head to head records, numbers, stats
- Managers should be more involved in drafting refereeing guidelines, says Pochettino