Neha Thakur, 17, won the silver medal in the girls’ dinghy-ILCA4 event of sailing, while her compatriot Eabad Ali bagged bronze in the men’s windsurfer RS:X event at the ongoing Asian Games in Hangzhou, China.
Thakur’s net score - 27 - was way off that of the eventual winner, Noppassorn Khunboonjan. The Thai sailor notched 16 points.
Keira Marie Carlyle finished third, notching up a net total of 28.
Ali’s net score of 52, saw him finish third as South Korea’s Cho Wonwoo and Natthaphong Phonoppharat won the gold and silver medal with net scores of 13 and 29, respectively.
INDIA AT THE ASIAN-GAMES-2023 | OVERALL MEDALS TALLY - SEPTEMBER 26
Thakur’s silver confirmed India’s first medal in sailing and 12th overall for India in the Asian Games.
India remains in sixth place in the medal tally with two gold, four silver and seven bronze, while China continues to reign supreme with 70 medals including 40 golds.
- ENG vs NED Live Score, World Cup 2023: England, Netherlands eye Champions Trophy 2025 spot; Toss at 1:30 PM IST
- Shaji Prabhakaran sacked as AIFF Secretary General
- England vs Netherlands, LIVE Streaming Info, World Cup 2023: When and where to watch ENG vs NED match today?
- Saudi Pro League champion Al-Ittihad sacks coach Espirito Santo
- FIH Hockey Olympic Qualifiers: Indian women’s team to face New Zealand, USA and Italy in Pool B