Indian team won its third gold when the mixed team secured first position in the equestrian dressage at the Asian Games 2023 on Tuesday.
The equestrian team ended a 41-year long wait to win a gold medal in this event.
This was India’s 14th medal at the games, which puts them behind Hong Kong in the medal’s tally.
Earlier, India won its 12th medal when the 17-year-old Neha Thakur confirmed the second position to win a silver in the Girl’s Dinghy ILCA 4 event in Sailing.
India then confirmed its 13th medal and second in sailing after Eabad Ali won the bronze medal in the Men’s Windsurfer RS - X.
Ali finished third behind Korea’s Wonwoo Cho and Thailand’s Natthaphong Phonoppharat with a net score of 52.
Earlier, team India narrowly missed its first medal of September 26 when the duo of Divyansh Singh Panwar and Ramita failed to go past Korea, losing 18-16 in the bronze-medal match of the 10m air rifle mixed team event.
The medal tally stands at three gold, four silver and seven bronze to a total of 14 medals, which kept India at the sixth position in the medal table.
China continued to dominate the medals tally with a whopping 53 gold medals which formed a majority of its overall tally of 95.
Here are the medal standings:
|1||People's Republic of China||53||29||13||95|
|2||Republic of Korea||14||16||19||49|
|5||Hong Kong, China||5||4||10||19|
|10||Islamic Republic of Iran||1||4||5||10|
*Table last updated at 8:00 PM IST.
- India vs England LIVE score, World Cup 2023: ENG 98/7 (29.1 overs); Jadeja gets Woakes, India three wickets away from win
- Manchester United vs Manchester City Live updates, Premier League 2023: Kick off at 9 pm; Lineups out; Maguire starts for MUN
- Mbappe’s late strike helps PSG beat Brest in 3-2 thriller
- Indian sports news wrap, October 29
- AFG vs SL: Angelo Mathews looks to enjoy ‘every single moment’ for Sri Lanka in ICC World Cup challenge