India’s Saurav Ghosal in men’s singles and the mixed doubles pair of Abhay Singh - Anahat Singh and Dipika Pallikal - Harinderpal Singh Sandhu won their respective matches to qualify for the semifinals and confirm at least a bronze medal at the Asian Games 2023 in Hangzhou on Tuesday.
Dipika-Harinder beat the Philippines pair of Jemyca Aribado and Robert Andrew Garcia 2-1, while Anahat and Abhay went past the South Korean duo of Dongjun Lee and Yeonsoo Yang 2-1 to book a semifinal berth.
AS IT HAPPENED | ASIAN-GAMES-2023 OCTOBER 3 HIGHLIGHTS
Ghosal, the bronze medallist in the 2018 Asian Games, qualified for the squash men’s singles semifinals after beating Japan’s Ryunosuke Tsuku in straight games.
Earlier, the Indian men’s team beat Pakistan in the final to bag gold in the team event.
- ENG vs NED Live Score, World Cup 2023: England vs Netherlands predicted playing XI; Toss at 1:30 PM IST
- ENG vs NED Dream11 Prediction, World Cup 2023: England vs Netherlands predicted XI, squads, fantasy tips
- Asian Archery C’Ships: Jyothi Surekha, Parneet Kaur ensure all Indian women’s compound final
- Shaji Prabhakaran sacked as AIFF Secretary General
- Cricket World Cup diary: Tendulkar’s statue, nightlife at Park Street and unstoppable Team India