Annu Rani, the Asian javelin throw silver medallist, finished seventh in the IAAF Diamond League athletics meet here on Friday.
The 26-year-old World No. 16, who rewrote her own national record in Patiala in March raising it to 62.34m, had a best of 59.35m on Friday. That effort came in her third throw.
German Christin Hussong won the gold with a season-best 66.59m while Australian Barber Kelsey-Lee (65.63) and Czech Republic’s World record holder Barbora Spotakova (63.79) took the silver and bronze.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 1: Toss, Playing XI soon; Rohit to play 50th Test for India at Oval; Weather, Dream11 team
- IND vs AUS WTC Final, London weather update LIVE: Will it rain on Day 1 at the Oval during India vs Australia?
- Who is Scott Boland? The Australian pacer with record Test average
- Moeen Ali comes out of Test retirement for Ashes 2023
- WTC Final 2023: Oval pitch report; India, Australia playing record; key stats