Annu Rani, the Asian javelin throw silver medallist, finished seventh in the IAAF Diamond League athletics meet here on Friday.
The 26-year-old World No. 16, who rewrote her own national record in Patiala in March raising it to 62.34m, had a best of 59.35m on Friday. That effort came in her third throw.
German Christin Hussong won the gold with a season-best 66.59m while Australian Barber Kelsey-Lee (65.63) and Czech Republic’s World record holder Barbora Spotakova (63.79) took the silver and bronze.
- Mexican Open: Second-seeded Holger Rune eases past American Michael Mmoh
- Argentina to play exhibition against Costa Rica instead of Nigeria in Los Angeles on March 26
- A low-ranked American tennis player banned after testing positive for marijuana at a tournament
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag doesn’t want Ratcliffe vote of confidence
- Bundesliga boss says rejection of investor deal ‘bad for the league’