Newly crowned world 100m champion Christian Coleman has withdrawn from the 200m at the World Championships, the United States Track and Field Federation confirmed Sunday.
US sprinter Coleman, who blasted to a brilliant gold medal in the 100m on Saturday, had been due to take part in the heats of the 200m.
RELATED| Coleman basks in golden glory
However a revised start list for the event at the Khalifa Stadium showed the American’s name absent. A USATF spokesman later confirmed Coleman was not racing the event but would be available for the relays. No reason for his 200m withdrawal was given.
- Indian sports wrap, February 20
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma blessed with baby boy
- NEROCA, TRAU request AIFF to shift I-League away matches against Aizawl to neutral venue due to Manipur conflict
- Pro Kabaddi League HIGHLIGHTS, PKL 10 updates: Pawan Sehrawat Super 10 allows Telugu Titans to tie 45-45 vs U Mumba
- Indian football: Final round of Santosh Trophy to begin with Meghalaya vs Services