Some of India’s top athletes will compete for the title at the 4th edition of the IDBI Federal Life Insurance New Delhi Marathon on Sunday.
All four categories of the marathon will be flagged off from Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium by cricket icon and the event's Brand Ambassador, Sachin Tendulkar. More than 18,000 runners have registered for the marathon.
The full marathon will start at 4:00 a.m. with a field of 2,000 runners competing while the half marathon will be flagged off at 6:00 a.m. with 6,000 participants, followed by the Timed 10K (7.30 a.m.) and Swacch Bharat run (8:15 a.m).
The marathon enjoys the status of a national championship, as recognized by the Athletics Federation of India (AFI). The runners will be competing for a total prize money pool of Rs. 20 lakh.
Bahadur Singh Dhoni, Jyoti Gawte, Rashpal Singh, Karan Singh, Monika Raut, Shankar Man Thapa and Nitu Singh are among the notable participants.
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- San Diego Open: Vekic, Yastremska advance to second round