Praveen Kumar won India’s first medal with a a season best jump of 2.01m for the bronze in men’s high jump T44/64 in the World Para Athletics Championships 2023 on Monday.
With this medal, Praveen assured himself a quota for the 2024 Paris Paralympics.
Maciej Lepiato of Poland and Jonathan Broom-Edwards of Great Britain tied for gold with 2.05m.
This will the 10th edition of the Championships and the third to be held in France.
The programme features 171 medal events - 93 in the men’s category, 77 in the women’s category and 1 in the mixed category.
The event will be the first opportunity for athletes to achieve direct qualification slots for the Paris 2024 Paralympics.
T44 classification is for athletes with a leg deficiency, leg length difference, impaired muscle power or impaired passive range of movement in the legs.
- 2023 Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 54/4 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez