The second-seeded Indo-U.S. pair of Leander Paes and Scott Lipsky sailed into the doubles quarterfinals with a 6-2, 7-5 win over Gregoire Barrere and Mathias Bourgue of France in the €106,000 Challenger tennis tournament in Bordeaux.
There was more success for Indian players in the $75,000 Challenger in Samarkand as Ramkumar Ramanathan and doubles partner Toshihide Matsui of Japan made the quarterfinals with a 7-6(3), 3-6, 10-5 win over Aleksandr Nedovyesov of Kazakhstan and Vladyslav Manafov of Ukraine. Prajnesh Gunneswaran and Vishnu Vardhan also progressed to the doubles quarterfinals after their opponents conceded the match.
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer