India defeated Thailand 3-1 to finish in the seventh spot at the mixed team events of the Badminton World Junior Championships in Spokane, USA on Saturday.
India’s Samarveer and Radhika Sharma defeated Tanakorn Meechai and Fungfa Korpthammakit 11-21, 21-19, 21-18 in mixed doubles to make a positive start.
In boys’ singles, Tushar Suveer, however, lost against Nachakorn Pusri 19-21, 11-21 as Thailand was back level 1-1.
In girls’ singles, Tara Shah defeated Tonrug Saeheng 21-15, 24-26, 21-12 to put India ahead. Divyam Arora and Mayank Rana then defeated Songpon Sae-ma and Phurinath Saikamma 21-18, 21-19 in boys’ doubles to seal the victory.
Individual events will commence on October 2.
- AFC Cup tie moved to neutral venue after Australia denies Myanmar club visas
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 3: Mumbai 324/5 v Railways; KAR jolts DEL with six wickets, Vishnu hits ton for Kerala
- La Liga 2023-24: Avoiding relegation was Girona’s goal this season, Now Spanish title contender has bigger dreams
- NBA roundup: Philadelphia 76ers ends Oklahoma City Thunder's six-game win streak
- Inzaghi hopes for Sanchez return as Inter face demanding December