Non-availability of the leading players across all sections will see India field severely depleted men and women teams in the Asian team badminton championship at Shah Alam, Malaysia, from February 15 to 20.
India Open winner Lakshya Sen is the only saving grace of the squad that includes youngsters like Mithun Manjunath and Kiran George. The women's squad has the trio of Aakarshi Kashyap, Malvika Bansod and Ashmita Chaliha. Lesser known doubles players complete the squad.
The selections are based on the results of the National ranking tournaments held in Chennai and Hyderabad in the second fortnight of December. The performances of the India Open and the Syed Modi India International were not considered.
- EURO 2024 Draw LIVE updates: Spain vs Croatia in group-stage, Portugal with Turkey, Italy in pot 4
- Indian Super League: Mohun Bagan SG beats Hyderabad 2-0 and creates ISL history
- EURO 2024 draw: All you need to know about European Championship draw, pots, live streaming info
- Euro 2024: UEFA sets $360 million prize fund for 24 national teams from revenue of $2.6 billion
- U Mumba 34-31 UP Yoddhas Highlights, Pro Kabaddi League 2023: Zafardanesh, defence seal win for Mumba in close match