Ace Indian shuttler and two-time Olympic medallist P V Sindhu ended her Asian championships campaign with a bronze medal after a heart-breaking semifinal loss in three games to defending champion and top seed Akane Yamaguchi of Japan in Manila, Philippines on Saturday.
AS IT HAPPENED |
Fourth-seeded Sindhu won the opening game 21-13 but let a five-point lead slip in the second before losing it 19-21. Yamaguchi won the decider 21-16 to book her place in the final.
This is Sindhu's second medal at the continental event. She had earlier won bronze at the 2014 edition in Gimcheon.
- SA vs IND: Sai Sudharsan ‘lost for words’ after maiden India call-up for South Africa ODIs
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr LIVE Updates, Saudi Pro League: Lineup out, Ronaldo, Mane, Talisca starts of the Knights of Najd
- F1’s Williams Racing re-signs Logan Sargeant for 2024
- India vs Australia Highlights, 4th T20I: IND beats AUS by 20 runs and claims the series win
- IND vs AUS: India breaks record for most wins in T20Is, goes past Pakistan