Rio Olympics quarterfinalist Kidambi Srikanth has been ruled out of the upcoming European circuit due to an ankle injury that he sustained during the Japan Super Series last month.
“I won’t be taking part in the European circuit as I injured my right ankle during the Japan Open,” Srikanth wrote in his Instagram account along with a picture of his injured leg.
“Hope to recover very fast and comeback for China Open,” he added.
The European circuit includes two major tournaments — Denmark Open and French Open.
Srikanth had clinched the China Open in 2014 defeating legendary Lin Dan.
- IND vs ENG: Rehan Ahmed returns home ahead of fourth Test against India
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, 2023-24 Quarterfinal: TN vs SAU, VID vs KAR, MP vs AND, MUM vs BAR; Toss updates, live streaming
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 1: ENG wins toss, opts to bat; Akash Deep comes in for Bumrah
- NBA: Pistons’ Isaiah Stewart suspended 3 games; assault charge dropped
- 2012 Olympic champ Gabby Douglas pulls out of first meet in 8 years after testing positive for COVID