Indian mixed doubles pairing of N Sikki Reddy and Rohan Kapoor suffered a straight-game loss in the semifinals of the Vietnam Open Super 100 badminton tournament here on Saturday.
The unseeded Indian pair lost 16-21 14-21 to the top-seeded Indonesian combination of Rehan Naufal Kusharjanto and Lisa Ayu Kusumawati in a 37-minute contest.
The defeat brought the curtains down on India's campaign at the tournament.
Sikki and Kapoor clinched the Chhattisgarh International Challenge title, last week.
The Indonesian pair opened up an 8-4 lead early on and even though the Indian duo brought the equation down to as close as 15-16, Rehan and Lisa quelled the challenge and knocked off four straight points to pocket the opening game.
The second game also went on similar lines with Rehan and Lisa leading 12-9. Sikki and Kapoor then reduced the deficit to 14-15 but the Indonesian pair sealed the contest with six points on the trot.
- India vs China Badminton LIVE Score men’s team final, Asian Games 2023: Lakshya under pressure in third game; Hangzhou updates
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, October 1: Lakshya loses second game in men’s badminton final; India, Korea draw 1-1 in women’s hockey; Chenai wins trap bronze - Hangzhou 2022 Scores
- Athletics at Asian Games 2023 LIVE updates, Hangzhou 2022 updates: Tajinderpal in action in shot put at 4:30pm, Amlan qualifies for men’s 200m SF
- Asian Games 2023: “Anybody would see it as gold lost”— Aditi Ashok after finishing 2nd in women’s golf
- Shreyas Iyer origin story: From Shivaji Park Gymkhana to World Cup via a fulfilling dinner