Butte College in Northern California, U.S.A., has roped in NBA Global Academy alum Aashay Verma, who will join the college as student-athlete studying marketing and communications and will also play for the men’s basketball team. The 7ft 2in center Indian had moved to Australia when the NBA Global Academy was set up in Canberra in June 2017.
Since 2016, Verma has been a part of multiple camps organised by the NBA including the NBA Global Camp in Treviso, Italy, in 2018.
Verma, a Hyderabad native, was first scouted during tryouts for the first-ever ACG-NBA Jump program in 2015-16. Since then, he has been selected to numerous elite camps including Basketball Without Borders Asia 2016 in Australia and Basketball Without Borders Global 2017 during NBA All-Star Weekend 2017 in New Orleans.
The youngster joined the Global Academy in 2019. "The training and exposure I got here has helped me find my potential. Now at Butte College, I will continue to get better at my game and work hard to earn an NCAA Scholarship,” said Verma.
- DC-W vs GG-W live score, WPL 2024: Delhi Capitals 146/7 (18); Sutherland, Jonassen fall in quick succession
- Manchester derby LIVE: Man City vs Man United, MCI v MUN Premier League; Starting lineups in, match updates
- Shardul Thakur laments lack of rest between Ranji Trophy matches, calls for better scheduling
- WPL 2024: Wounded RCB hopes to provide some cheer to crowd, takes on UP Warriorz in last home game
- Olympic Boxing Qualifier 2024: Deepak goes down fighting on opening day against Nijat of Azerbaijan