Vince Carter has re-signed for the Atlanta Hawks to begin his record-breaking 22nd NBA season aged 42.
The eight-time All-Star has been in the league since 1998, having been drafted fifth overall by the Toronto Raptors.
Carter was the 'Rookie of the Year' in his first season and is set to become the first NBA player to feature in 22 campaigns.
He will also be the first to play in four different decades when he steps on the court in 2020, while his 1,481 career games put him first among active players and fifth all-time.
After lengthy stints with the Raptors and the Brooklyn Nets - then the New Jersey Nets - Carter has had short stops with the Orlando Magic, Phoenix Suns, Dallas Mavericks, Memphis Grizzlies and Sacramento Kings.
He joined the Hawks ahead of the 2018-19 season and averaged 7.4 points in 17.5 minutes per game across 76 appearances.
Carter, who won gold with the United States at the 2000 Olympic Games, confirmed in May he would be looking to return for the coming campaign.
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold, Anant wins silver in men’s skeet
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Marsh, Warner attack in PowerPlay after Australia opts to bat vs India
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India wins gold, silver in shooting team event; Moves on 5th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah into deciding game
- Shooting LIVE Score Asian Games 2023: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold