Former world champion Anthony Joshua and fellow British heavyweight Dilian Whyte will meet on August 12 at London’s O2 Arena in a rematch of their 2015 bout at the same venue, promoters Matchroom said on Thursday.
Joshua knocked out Whyte in the seventh round of their British and Commonwealth title clash in December 2015, avenging a loss he suffered when the pair fought as amateurs.
The 33-year-old beat American Jermaine Franklin on points in April, his first win in more than two years after back-to-back defeats to Ukraine’s unified champion Oleksandr Usyk.
“I’ve been clear that my plan is to be active this year,” Joshua said. “I’ll be ready to fight. I look forward to dealing with business.”
Whyte, 35, also beat Franklin last November after losing his only world title challenge to Tyson Fury in April 2022.
“I’m looking forward to returning to the London O2 and going to war,” Whyte said. “It’s 1-1, so this is the decider.”
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 40/3 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez