Six-time World champion M.C. Mary Kom and Worlds bronze medallist Manish Kaushik will return to competition in the Boxam International tournament in Castellon, Spain, after almost a year.
Mary, who was recovering from dengue, and Manish, who was going through rehab following a surgery, missed the Europe tour late last year. Their last competition was the Asian Olympic qualifier in Amman, Jordan, in March.
They will be part of the Olympic-qualified and probable boxers’ group which will take part in the Spain event to be held from March 1 to 7, according to the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) on Friday.
World championship silver medallist Amit Panghal, former Worlds medallist Vikas Krishan and Olympian Sumit Sangwan – who was let off with a reprimand for a doping violation by the National Anti-Doping Appeal Panel in March last year – will be among the male boxers on the tour.
This will be the first amateur event for Vikas, who went to the USA for professional training, after the Olympic qualifier.
World championships medallists Simranjit Kaur and Lovlina Borgohain will be among the female boxers on the tour.
Twelve others will compete in the prestigious 72nd Strandja international tournament in Sofia, Bulgaria, from February 21 to 28.
- Punjab Kings full list of players retained, released and traded ahead of IPL 2024 auction
- IPL 2024 Retention Day Live Updates: Full list of retained, released, traded players; Punjab releases Shahrukh Khan
- IPL auction 2024 LIVE Updates: Full list of players retained, released during trade window deadline day
- RR full list of players retained, released, traded ahead of IPL 2024 auction
- China Masters 2023 final Highlights: Satwik-Chirag duo loses 19-21, 21-18, 19-21 against World No. 1 Liang-Wang