Floyd Mayweather will take part in an exhibition fight against mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter Mikuru Asakura in Japan later this year, organisers said on Tuesday.
American Mayweather, who was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame on Sunday, retired in 2015 but returned to defeat Conor McGregor in 2017 and improve his professional record to 50-0.
ALSO READ - Mayweather Jr. touched by Hall of Fame induction
Promoters said the bout is scheduled for September. The exact date, venue and rules for the fight will be announced later this month.
This will be Mayweather’s second exhibition bout in Japan, following his first round TKO win over kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in 2018.
His most recent fight was an exhibition bout against Don Moore in Abu Dhabi in May, which he won.
- IND vs SL LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: India wins Toss to bat vs Sri Lanka; Axar in Playing XI; where to watch match
- India vs Sri Lanka Colombo LIVE weather updates, Asia Cup 2023: India opts to bat first after winning toss; No rain at the moment
- Elevating NBA fan experience through the power of technology
- Asia Cup 2023: Pakistan’s loss against India a ‘timely reminder’ ahead of World Cup
- FIFA U-17 World Cup 2023 draw to happen on Sep 15 in Zurich