Six-time world champion MC Mary Kom’s boxing academy has found fresh support from tyre manufacturer Goodyear India, which helped bring up a new ring and some other infrastructure at the facility as part of its CSR initiative.
The ring was formally inaugurated by Mary Kom and her husband Onler Kom, who is a co-founder and Managing Director of the academy, along with Goodyear India’s Finance Director Mitesh Mittal here on Thursday.
Besides this, the company has also supported the first phase construction of dining hall and kitchen at the academy.
“In 2018—2019, we decided to explore a new area in our CSR Initiative by contributing to the promotion of rural sports development with the purpose of nurturing the best Indian talent in sports,” Mittal said.
The 36-year-old Mary Kom, who is also a Rajya Sabha MP, recently fetched a record eight medal at the world championships, finishing with a bronze.
This year, she also won gold medals at the India Open in Guwahati and the President’s Cup in Indonesia.
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE updates, Hangzhou 2022 medals tally: India men, women win bronze in speed skating 3000m relay; Tejaswin leads decathlon pack after two events
- Asian Games 2023: India wins bronze in men’s, women’s 3000m speed skating relay race
- Athletics LIVE updates, Asian Games 2023: Tejaswin finishes first in decathlon long jump; Afsal, Krishan qualify for men’s 800m final; Hangzhou 2022 streaming info
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, October 2 - LIVE - India men, women win bronze in speed skating 3000m relay, stays fourth with 55 medals
- Tejaswin Shankar: Paris Olympics might be my last as a high jumper