Kanpur will host the MPL 58th National chess championship at the Ganges Club from February 25 to March 3.
The All India Chess Federation (AICF) was due to hold its flagship event, offering a prize-fund of Rs. 30 lakh, from February 9. Since the voting in the city for the ongoing Assembly Elections clashed with the previous dates, the event was rescheduled.
The duration of the event was cut down to a week by reducing the number of rounds from 13 to 11 and holding two rounds each on four days.
The women’s National championship will be at Bhubaneswar from February 25 to March 2.
A LSO READ |
The fresh restrictions owing to the rise in Covid cases across the country forced the AICF to revise its calendar for the first half of the year.
It was decided to reduce the number of playing days besides doing away with the National under-8, under-10, under-12 and under-14 championships in open and girls sections.
The new dates for the International Opens in Guwahati, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Pune, Kolkata, Odisha and Visakhapatnam were also finalized.
The revised calendar:
- 2023 Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 54/4 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez