- August 24, 2023 19:06World Cup Winner Says
- August 24, 2023 18:57No shame in losing to one of all-time greats!
- August 24, 2023 18:50Ability to defend game is Pragg’s hallmark
- August 24, 2023 18:44Magnus Crowned with the World Cup Title
- August 24, 2023 18:33Nothing to prove!
- August 24, 2023 18:17Coach's corner
- August 24, 2023 18:15Magnus completes his trophy cabinet!
World Cup 🏆
World Championship 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
World Rapid Championship 🏆🏆🏆🏆
World Blitz Championship🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Norway Chess 🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇
London Chess 🥇🥇🥇🥇
Sinquefield Cup 🥇🥇🥇🥇
Grand Chess Tour 🏆🏆
- August 24, 2023 18:12Run-up to gold and greatness!
- August 24, 2023 18:08Praise from the legend himself
- August 24, 2023 17:31Pragg makes India proud!
- August 24, 2023 17:29Closing Ceremony Follows
The closing ceremony will take place now.
- August 24, 2023 17:25World Cup 2023 - Top 4
Winner - Magnus Carlsen (Norway)
Runner Up - R. Praggnanadhaa (India)
Third position - Fabiano Caruana (USA)
Fourth Position - Nijat Abasov (Azerbaijan)
- August 24, 2023 17:23Fabiano Caruana finishes third
The former World Championship Challenger Fabiano Caruana beats Abasov to finish third in the Chess World Cup.
- August 24, 2023 17:13We have a new World Cup winner!
- August 24, 2023 17:11Magnus wins!
Pragg agrees to draw and this will be the end of the 18-years-old fight- in the World Cup. Magnus Carlsen is the World Cup Winner!
- August 24, 2023 17:07Pragg in time-trouble
Pragg is a pawn down and the most he can salvage here in the position is a draw unless Magnus makes some obvious and unlikely mistake.
- August 24, 2023 17:02Can Pragg prove Naroditsky and the world wrong?
- August 24, 2023 16:59Odds favours Carlsen
Magnus already played the Sicilian Defense - Alapin Variation against Indian grandmaster Arjun Erigaisi and it is considered to be a very solid and safe line for white pieces. Can Pragg change history? It will need a herculean effort from the 18-year-old to beat Magnus with black.
- August 24, 2023 16:56It’s Sicilian Defense: Alapin Variation time!
The first exchange on the board happens when Pragg plays c-takes-d4. White wins the pawn back eighth move and Carlsen quickly castles after Pragg takes the second pawn with queen.
- August 24, 2023 16:52Magnus starts with e4!
- August 24, 2023 16:47Live Action Resumes
The second rapid game is about to start now as both players are back on the board.
- August 24, 2023 16:46The final moments of first game
- August 24, 2023 16:43Fabiano Caruana wins first 25+10 game vs Abasov!
The World No. 2 pounces on the tournament’s dark horse - Niaj Abasov to beat him with black pieces and he also just needs a draw with white to confirm his third position.
- August 24, 2023 16:38Pragg resigns, Magnus wins first 25+10 game!
Pragg resigns as he realised it is gone and it is the five-time World Champion who is just a draw away from his first World Cup title!
- August 24, 2023 16:36Pragg blunders big time!
Pragg’s pawn to a6 was a big blunder and Magnus is now in a completely winning position.
- August 24, 2023 16:33Time trouble for Pragg!
Pragg only had 6 seconds on the clock and he made a big blunder under time-constraint.
- August 24, 2023 16:30Magnus offers rook exchange, Pragg accepts
Magnus puts his rook to f6, possibly asking for a rook exchange and Pragg accepts it and he pushes his b-file pawn. Although he is under severe time-pressure, just 15 seconds on the clock.
- August 24, 2023 16:26Fearless Pragg plays h4-h5!
Pragg is absolutely fearless as he pushes his pawn to g4 and the pawn-to-f6 move from Magnus is a positional mistake and Pragg has put his other rook to g2. Pragg pushes his pawn further to g5!
- August 24, 2023 16:21Pragg holds the initiative!
Careful maneuvering puts Pragg in a better position but he is losing crucial time while thinking deeply for accurate moves. This is heading to an very exciting finish!
- August 24, 2023 16:17Can Pragg hold Carlsen?
The endgame master is with tricky knight-pair and the 18-year-old Pragg will need to play accurately to negotiate the World No. 1 in this position.
- August 24, 2023 16:15Magnu-Pragg exchange queens
As expected, Magnus exchanges his queen and after knight-takes-queen, pawn exchange at g6, Pragg is left with 6 pawns, two rooks and a bishop, knight each while Magnus has the knight pair instead of bishop.
- August 24, 2023 16:06Queen exchange on the cards?
Pragg’s king-to-h1 move gives a slight advantage to Magnus in this position. Magnus will most likely put his queen-to-f6 possibly wants queen exchange.
- August 24, 2023 15:57Pragg makes mistake
Magnus pushed his pawn to g5 but it is an inaccuracy according to the engines. Pragg makes a big mistake in putting his knight to f5 which was taken by Carlsen with his light-squared bishop and Pragg trades it with pawn-takes-bishop.
- August 24, 2023 15:53Knight cornered!
- August 24, 2023 15:50Head-to-head
- August 24, 2023 15:49Carlsen is deep in thought!
Carlsen’s Pawn to d5 in his 11th move cost him more than 4 minutes.
- August 24, 2023 15:44What’s italian Game?
The Black Knight move to Nf6 announces the Two Knights; this aggressive defence results in open and often complex play.. The Two Knights has been adopted as Black by many aggressive players including Chigorin and Keres, and World Champions Tal and Boris Spassky.
- August 24, 2023 15:41The game transforms into Italian Game: Giuoco Pianissimo, Normal
White plays the Giuoco Pianissimo (Italian: “very quiet game”). This solid but passive opening more often occurs through the Bishops opening (2. Bc4) move order.
- August 24, 2023 15:35Tiebreak 1 - 25+10 Rapid match- It’s Italian Game
After the first move of e4, Pragg plays an Italian open.
- August 24, 2023 15:31There comes the customary handshake before the match!
- August 24, 2023 15:25SPORTSTAR SPECIAL - Checkmate E02: Tania Sachdev and Vidit Gujrathi on chess in a post-COVID world and their roles in it
- August 24, 2023 15:10SECRET OF PRAGG’S ENERGY!
- August 24, 2023 14:59CARLSEN ROAD TO FINAL
Round 1: Bye
Round 2: Beat Levan Pantsulaia 2-0
Round 3: Beat Aryan Tari 1.5-0.5
Round 4: Beat Vincent Keymar 3.5-2.5 (tie-breaks)
Round 5: Beat Vasyl Ivanchuk 2-0
Round 6: Beat D. Gukesh 1.5-0.5
Round 7: Beat Nijat Abasov 1.5-0.5
- August 24, 2023 14:57The Glory Trophy!
- August 24, 2023 14:54PRAGGNANANDHAA ROAD TO FINAL
Round 1: Bye
Round 2: Beat Lagarde Maxime 1.5-0.5
Round 3: Beat David Navara 1.5-0.5
Round 4: Beat Hikaru Nakamura 3-1 (tie-breaks)
Round 5 : Beat Ferenc Berkes 1.5-0.5
Round 6: Beat Arjun Erigaisi 5-4 (tie-breaks)
Round 7: Beat Fabiano Caruana 3.5-2.5 (tie-breaks)
- August 24, 2023 14:46TIEBREAK FORMAT
Tiebreak 1 - 25+10 - 2 Games (Rapid)
Tiebreak 2 - 10+10 - 2 Games (Rapid)
Tiebreak 3 - 5+3 - 2 Games (Blitz)
Tiebreak 4 - Sudden-Death - 3+2 (Blitz)Praggnanandhaa vs Carlsen Final: Chess World Cup 2023 tie-break format explained
Praggnanandhaa vs Carlsen Final: Chess World Cup 2023 tie-break format explained
Praggnanandhaa, World No. 1 Carlsen to battle in tie-breaks for FIDE Chess World Cup 2023 title. Praggnanandhaa has won all his matches in tie-breaks, while Carlsen has won 5 out of 7.
- August 24, 2023 14:40Historic Day!
- August 24, 2023 14:35Welcome
Hello and Welcome to Sportstar’s LIVE Coverage of the FIDE Chess World Cup 2023 Final. India’s R. Praggnanandhaa eyes a historic win against World No. 1 Norway’s Magnus Carlsen in the tiebreaks. Stay tuned as we bring you all the live action.
- Copenhagen vs Manchester United LIVE Score, CPH 2-2 MUN, Champions League: Hojlund scores double but Elyounoussi and Golncalves penalty puts them level, Red Card to Rashford
- World Cup 2023, ENG vs NED: Stokes comes to the party as England keeps Champions Trophy qualification hopes alive
- Copenhagen vs Manchester United LIVE Streaming Info: UEFA Champions League 2023-24: When and where to watch, Preview and more
- NZ vs SL, World Cup 2023: Can’t control weather, our focus is on cricket, says Williamson
- ENG vs NED: Buttler lauds Stokes’ ‘exceptional’ century as England beats Netherlands in ICC World Cup 2023