India ended its Commonwealth Games 2022 campaign in Birmingham with 61 medals, which included 22 Gold, 16 Silver and 23 Bronze Medals.
On the final day, India won four golds, one silver and one bronze medal, with P. V. Sindhu, Lakshya Sen, the pair of Satwik Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty, and the evergreen Sharath Kamal, all winning their respective finals.
However, one event that was absent at the Games was shooting, a sport India has dominated over the years, with the last edition of the Games having 16 medallists from India (seven gold, four silver, five bronze).
This was only the second Commonwealth Games without shooting since the event’s inception in 1966, the other being in 1970. Sportstar compares India’s performance in the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham to that over the years, without shooting since 1966.
- Sakkari stunned by Masarova in U.S. Open first round
- US Open 2023: Swiatek crushes Peterson to begin title defence
- Indian sports news wrap, August 28
- Spanish FA asks UEFA to suspend RFEF from international competitions; backs Rubiales to continue
- Mirabai Chanu to participate only in weigh-in at the World Championships