The Impact Player will be among the key additions to the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 season.
Will teams be allowed an Impact Player in shortened games?
Yes, but not if a delayed start shortens the match to fewer than 10 overs per side.
How is this different from BBL’s X-Factor rule?
The X-Factor rule allows teams to substitute a member of their starting XI beyond the 10th over of the first innings, and the replaced player cannot have already batted, or bowled more than one over. A replacement player can bowl a maximum allotment of four overs, even if the player they’ve replaced has bowled.
- EURO 2024 qualifiers points table LIVE: Italy beats North Macedonia to go second in Group C, Ronaldo helps Portugal top Group J
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers points table LIVE: AFC standings after India vs Kuwait, Pakistan bottom of Group G
- World Cup 2023 Final: Pitch in focus as Rohit and Co. gear up for summit clash against Australia
- ODI World Cup 2023: Rescue-man Miller pulls South Africa out of the rubble against Australia
- AUS vs SA, World Cup 2023: PowerPlay performance separated us, says South Africa coach Walter after semifinal loss