- July 31, 2023 14:42Ashes Day 5 LIVE Score Updates
- July 30, 2023 21:24Play abandoned
And that will be stumps for the day. It was always going to be difficult to resume the play today and it was only a matter of time for the decision to be announced.
If the weather opens up tomorrow, Australia will be heading into the final day of the Ashes needing 249 runs to win. England needs 10 wickets. Hoping for a full day tomorrow, although the forecast says otherwise.
Australia 135/0 in 38 overs.
- July 30, 2023 21:06England’s man of action hangs up his ‘big boots’, leaves Broad-sized void
A crowd puller, Broad has been England’s man of action, its bowling hero who passed cricket’s tough endurance tests with flying colours, having served his team with unwavering resolve for 17 long years.
- July 30, 2023 20:41London weather update
The rain continues. Looks unlikely to have a start at least for another hour.
- July 30, 2023 19:43Early Tea taken
Early Tea has been taken at The Oval with the weather not getting any better currently.
Another good session for Australia. Warner and Khawaja haven’t faced any problems so far. With no movement on offer, England bowlers have tested the Aussie duo with bouncers but with no luck. After an hour of play in the second session, rain came during the drinks break and no play has been possible since then.
- July 30, 2023 19:34London weather update
It doesn’t look like the rain will be stopping anytime soon. There’s a forecast for at least another hour of rain.
- July 30, 2023 19:29Milestone: 5000 Test runs for Usman Khawaja
Usman Khawaja reached his 5000 Test runs milestone. He’s now the 21st Australian to achieve this feat.
- July 30, 2023 19:08Australia 135/0 in 38 overs - Rain stops play
Wood is going off the field.
Chris Woakes is back into the attack replacing Root, who was thrashed in the last over. A single in that over.
Another terrific hour of play for Australia. The visitors are very much into the game right now with an unbeaten opening stand. Both Warner and Khawaja going strong. Not much help for English bowlers there.
The covers are coming on. The drinks might be stretched for a while.
- July 30, 2023 18:57Australia 134/0
Wood to Khawaja, bouncer, and he ducks and the ball strucks his helmet. Must have hurt. The physio is out there to check on him. He seems fine and smiling but the game is paused. And we’re back.
Umpires are looking for a new ball to change. Seems the crash with the helmet has damaged the ball in some way. Khawaja looks fine. He’s changing the helmet too.
It’s a cloudy afternoon here at London.
On a good length, gets a thick outside edge that goes between gully and slips for a four. Wood testing him with some more bouncers. Eight runs in that long over.
- July 30, 2023 18:55Australia 126/0
Both David Warner and Usman Khawaja are cruising. Both have gone past their fifties. No help for England bowlers so far.
- July 30, 2023 18:21Australia 79/0
Anderson to Khawaja, half-volley on off and he places it between short mid-on and covers for a double.
- July 30, 2023 18:18Australia 77/0
Joe Root from the other end. Only a single off that over.
- July 30, 2023 18:11Australia 76/0
There was a bit of rain when the Lunch started but the second starts on time. Players are out in the middle.
Anderson with the ball. One run to start off.
- July 30, 2023 17:33Australia 75/0 - Lunch
An appeal on the last ball before Lunch. Nothing from the umpire. Australia go into lunch 75/0 after 24 overs.
Australia’s session this. England got allout inside first two overs of the day with a lead of 383. Warner and Khawaja since then have managed to remain untroubled in pursuit for a record runchase at The Oval.
- July 30, 2023 17:23Australia 72/0
Root to Khawaja, a thick outside edge, he places it towards deep third for four. This time Khawaja cuts the ball towards the same region and another four. Nine off the over.
- July 30, 2023 17:21Australia 63/0
James Anderson into the attack again. Full and wide, Khawaja tries to go at it, gets beaten, a low appeal but nothing from the umpire. Not much excitement there by England fielders as well. A maiden to start.
- July 30, 2023 17:13Australia 63/0 in 20 overs
Joe Root into the attack. Full and wide Warner drives it towards covers but Ben Stokes stops it. Two runs off the over.
- July 30, 2023 17:05Australia 59/0
Not much movement there in the air or off the pitch. Both Warner and Khawaja are playing untroubled. England bowlers are bowling tight lines to not give away loose runs.
- July 30, 2023 16:56Australia 56/0
Stuart Broad is back into the attack. Full and on the pads, Khawaja punches it towards mid-wicket for three runs. Five off that over.
- July 30, 2023 16:50Australia 51/0
Short on off by Moeen and Warner punches it towards mid-on. Not much power there so only a single. Fifty-up for Australia. Two runs in that over.
- July 30, 2023 16:41Australia 49/0
Ali to Khawaja, flighted ball around off, spins sharp, beats Khawaja, keeper, and the slip and goes for four byes. Encouraging signs for England with that amount of turn. A half-tracker by Ali, and Warner places it in the gap between mid-on and mid-wicket for a four. 11 runs off the over.
- July 30, 2023 16:32Australia 38/0
Moeen Ali comes on in the 10th over. On the hip to Warner, and he glances it towards fine leg for four. A full toss, and Warner plays a nothing shot that lands safe off the mid on. Six runs in that over.
- July 30, 2023 16:22Australia 31/0
Anderson to Khawaja, he comes down the wicket and drives down the ground for a four. Another full ball, this time Khawaja places it towards covers for four. 11 runs in that over.
- July 30, 2023 16:21Australia 20/0
Chris Woakes into the attack replacing Broad. Full and Warner drives it towards off-side for four. Runs off the bat after 24 balls!
- July 30, 2023 16:11Australia 16/0
Broad to Warner, a bit of a seam away from the left hander, induces an edge but falls short of the third slip. A maiden.
- July 30, 2023 16:08Australia 16/0
Has been a steady start for Australia so far. Not much movement or difficulty faced by the openers in the first four overs.
- July 30, 2023 15:57Australia 11/0
James Anderson to share the new ball with Stuart Broad. Khawaja pushes it towards mid-wicket and pick easy three runs. Five off the over.
- July 30, 2023 15:52Broad vs Warner for the one last time!
Stuart Broad to David Warner, a thick inside edge, but a harmless one, to start with. Warner drives one towards extra cover for four. Six runs in that over.
- July 30, 2023 15:50Chase begins
The players are out in the middle. Australian openers David Warner and Usman Khawaja at the crease. Stuart Broad to take the new ball. Moeen Ali is also fielding today. Good to see him recovered with his groin injury.
- July 30, 2023 15:49Australia to chase history
Australia will be chasing history when it comes to bat with a target of 384 runs on the board. The highest successfull run chase at the Oval in Tests is 263 by England.
- July 30, 2023 15:37England 395/10
Todd Murphy starts from the other end. Anderson reverses but no run. Next ball, goes for another slog, gets an outside edge that falls short of the fielder. Another reverse, this time ball hits the pads and after a brief thought, umpire gives it OUT. Anderson reviews immediately. Wickets umpires call means England all out inside two overs of the day.
Stuart Broad and James Anderson run towards the pavillion to get ready to bowl. Australia needs 384 runs to win. Broad remains not out on eight in his final innings.
- July 30, 2023 15:32England 395/9
Mitchell Starc to start the proceedings with Stuart Broad on strike. Broad clears his leg for a slog, gets an inside, ball goes towards the fine leg but James Anderson, who turns 41 today, refuses to run. Starc tests him with short balls. No damage so far. Another short ball, this time Broad times his pull well and it goes for a SIX over mid-wicket!
- July 30, 2023 15:30Stuart Broad resumes
Broad comes on to the field and a standing ovation from the crowd and the Australian team, who formed a guard of honour for the England cricketer. Broad removes his helmet as the applause goes louder.
- July 30, 2023 15:26England to bat on?
There’s no update if England is declaring so that means Broad will be coming to bat for one final time, and that too along side his dear friend James Anderson as the duo will try to stretch the lead past 400-run mark.
An exciting day ahead where Australia will be coming to bat soon to chase a massive total.
- July 30, 2023 15:15James Anderson turns 41 today!
- July 30, 2023 15:12Score at the end of Day 3
England - 283/10 & 389/9 (Joe Root - 91; Mitchell Starc 4/94)
Australia - 295/10
England leads by 377 runs
Stuart Broad (2*), James Anderson (8*) are the two overnight batters.
- July 30, 2023 15:05Watch what Rahul Dravid has to say on Stuart Broad’s career
- July 30, 2023 15:00Here’s what happened on day 3
Fifties from Joe Root, Jonny Bairstow, and Zak Crawley took England to 389/9 - all scored yesterday. James Anderson and Stuart Broad are the overnight batters.
Mitchell Starc took four wickets and Todd Murphy got three.
Read up the full report here:
- July 30, 2023 14:43On Stuart Broad: A mid-Test announcement, a quirky baton passing, Anderson left alone
Here’s something to read and watch on Stuart Broad’s illustrious 17-year-long career.
- July 30, 2023 14:38ICYMI - Stuart Broad announced his retirement
After the end of day’s play, England pacer Stuart Broad announced his retirement from the cricket on Saturday. This will be his last match.
Read more here:
- July 30, 2023 14:34ENG vs AUS: Live streaming
The match will be telecasted live on Sony Sports Network and Sony LIV app.
- July 30, 2023 14:33London weather today
There’s a chance of rain during the day that might interrupt the proceedings here at The Oval. Currently, the start is on time though.
- July 30, 2023 14:30Welcome
Welcome to the fourth day of the final Ashes Test between England and Australia from The Oval, London. The match is scheduled to start at 3:30 PM IST. Stay tuned for the live updates.
- New Zealand vs Pakistan Dream11 Prediction, ICC World Cup 2023: NZ vs PAK playing XI, fantasy team, squads
- New Zealand vs Pakistan LIVE streaming info, World Cup 2023: When and where to watch NZ vs PAK match?
- Paris Masters 2023: Dimitrov keeps late season form to beat Hurkacz and reach semifinals
- Tsitsipas sets up Dimitrov semifinal at Paris Masters 2023, beats Khachanov in quarterfinal
- Max Verstappen: Las Vegas GP ‘more for the show’