India captain Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli moved down a rung each to be placed 8th and 10th, respectively, in the latest ICC Test rankings released on Wednesday.
ALSO READ - Statsman: Rohit Sharma in elite list of Indian captains
Rohit, who continued to remain the top-ranked Indian in the batters' chart, moved down a place to 8th. He has 754 points, while Kohli, who has 742 rating points moved to the 10th position. Ravindra Jadeja retained the top position among all-rounders, while Ravichandran Ashwin displaced West Indies' Jason Holder to be second.
Ashwin and pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah continued to hold on to their second and fourth positions, respectively, in the bowlers' chart. In the ODI rankings, Kohli remained second while Rohit climbed up a place to fourth.
Bumrah, who is the only Indian in the top 10 among bowlers, remained sixth.
Latest on Sportstar
- PGA Tour and LIV Golf merge commercial operations to unify golf
- WTC Final 2023: Australia captain Cummins backs Boland, Green to come good against India
- French Open 2023 Live Updates: Djokovic trails Khachanov 4-6, Alcaraz vs Tsitsipas in Roland-Garros quarterfinals
- Shardul Thakur terms WTC final ‘once-in-a-lifetime moment’, says he is eager to make it count
- Mendilibar renews Sevilla coaching contract until 2024