Pakistan’s Babar Azam has told Somerset he would not display the logo of any alcohol beverage company on his shirt during the ongoing T20 Blast.
Babar, who joined Somerset after Pakistan’s tour ended on Tuesday, was seen wearing a shirt which had the logo of an alcohol brand on his back. It led to some backlash on social media but a source close to the Pakistan captain confirmed he had made it clear in his contract with Somerset he would not promote any alcohol company.
“Apparently the logo was on the back of Babar’s shirt by mistake and the county has assured him it will be removed for the next match,” the source said.
ALSO READ | Too much on Misbah's plate: Mohsin Khan
Babar in his first appearance for Somerset scored 42 runs and took a stunning catch to lead his team to a 16-run victory.
Babar was part of Pakistan’s Test and T20 series in England. The Pakistan Cricket Board permitted few of its players, including Imad Wasim and Shaheen Afridi, to stay back in England and play the T20 Blast for their respective clubs.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Natarajan picks four wickets for TN vs Baroda; Mumbai beats Pondicherry
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023