Mahmudullah Riyad smashed 62 off 41 balls, as Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 39 runs in their tri-nation Twenty20 international match against Zimbabwe in Chittagong on Wednesday.
Chasing a challenging 176, Zimbabwe folded for 136 with Shafiul Islam snapping up three wickets. Mustafizur Rahman and Aminul Islam grabbed two wickets apiece.
For the visitor, Richmond Mutumbami scored a 32-ball 54 but found little help from his teammates as Bangladesh collected eight points from three matches.
Earlier, Liton Das gave Bangladesh a positive start with 38 off 22 balls before a mini collapse saw the home side reduced to 65-3 after it was asked to bat first by Zimbabwe captain Hamilton Masakadza.
Mahmudullah put on 78 runs with Mushfiqur Rahim (32) for the fourth wicket before Zimbabwe snatched the momentum back with few quick strikes.
Kayle Jarvis claimed 3-32 while Chris Mpofu finished with 3-42 for Zimbabwe.
Afghanistan is the third team in the tournament.
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 Highlights: Vikash, Bharat Bengaluru to win 38-36 over UP Yoddhas; Arjun Deshwal’s super 10 powers Jaipur to win 35-32 vs Gujarat
- UEFA Champions League: Bayern must make amends against Man Utd, warns Freund
- Pro Kabaddi League: Top 10 raiders of all time with most raid points
- IPL 2024 auction: 77 slots up for grab as 333 players set to go under hammer on December 19
- PKL 10: Pardeep Narwal crosses 1600 career raid points during Bengaluru Bulls vs UP Yoddhas Pro Kabaddi League 2023 match