The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has handed a three-month suspension to Uttar Pradesh cricketer, Rinku Singh, for featuring in an unauthorised T20 tournament in Abu Dhabi.
In a statement issued on Thursday, the BCCI said: “Mr. Singh did not seek permission from the BCCI before taking part in the T20 league hence directly violating the BCCI rules and regulations.”
As per the BCCI norms, a player registered with the Board cannot play in any tournaments abroad without the Board’s permission.
READ: Saha, Shaw in India A squad with eyes on national team return
“Mr. Rinku Singh therefore has been suspended with immediate effect for a period of three months starting June 1, 2019,” the statement read.
He has been removed from the current India A squad set to play a multi-day game against Sri Lanka A starting from Friday.
“The BCCI will not tolerate such violations in the future and strict actions will be taken if a player is found violating the BCCI rules and regulations,” the statement read.
Latest on Sportstar
- Three football training centres come up in Bhubaneswar
- Triple jumpers Unnikrishnan, Aboobacker win bronze at international meets
- UTT Season 4 Player Draft to take place in Mumbai on Friday
- Sportstar’s redesign: 45 years of journalism in a brand new avatar
- Thailand Open: Kiran George advances to quarterfinals; Chaliha exits