Finalising venues for the IPL play-offs along with decision to float fresh tenders for various sponsorship and services will be finalised at the Committee of Administrators (CoA) meeting, here on Monday.
The meeting will also be attended by three office bearers -- acting President CK Khanna, acting secretary Amitabh Chaudhary and treasurer Anirudh Chaudhry.
As per agenda of the meeting, it is learnt that Chennai and Hyderabad are in the reckoning for hosting the play-off and eliminator matches while the final could be played in Mumbai.
The issue of three closed stands of the Chepauk Stadium might come up for discussion but it is unlikely that Chennai will lose its right to host the crucial games with CSK looking good to make it to their 10th play-off in 12 seasons (save two when they were banned).
There are a few other issues that will also come up for discussions.
BCCI’s contract with PayTm as the title sponsors of all domestic and international games (in India) is coming to an end along with the contract of their designated PR company.
“Fresh tenders will be invited as per norm,” a BCCI official privy to the development said.
The operational details of mini Women’s IPL is also expected to come up for discussion.
- IND vs AUS: Why did Ishan Kishan’s stumping attempt off Axar Patel’s bowling result in a no-ball? Rules explained
- Indian sports news wrap, November 28
- I-League 2023-24 Top Scorers: Here are the leading goalscorers after matchday seven
- Glenn Maxwell hits joint-fastest T20I century by an Australian
- IND vs AUS Highlights 3rd T20I: Australia beats India by five wickets in record chase; Maxwell smashes 47-ball hundred