Deepak Chahar was added to the Indian squad ahead of the third T20I against Australia in Guwahati on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, pacer Mukesh Kumar was released from the squad for the third T20I as he is getting married. The Bengal pacer will join the team ahead of the fourth T20I in Raipur, scheduled to be held on December 1.
Mukesh, who played the first two games of the five-match series, was replaced by Avesh Khan in the playing XI for the third T20I.
“Fast bowler Mukesh Kumar made a request to BCCI to be released from India’s squad ahead of the third T20I against Australia in Guwahati. Mukesh is getting married and has been granted leave for the duration of his wedding festivities. He will join the squad ahead of the 4th T20I in Raipur. Pacer Deepak Chahar has been added to India’s squad for the remainder of the series,” a statement from the Board said.
Chahar is currently plying his trade for Rajasthan in the Vijay Hazare Trophy. In his most recent outing in the 50-over domestic tournament on Saturday, the medium-pacer picked a six-wicket haul in his team’s five-wicket win over Gujarat.
- Serie A: Inter cruises to 4-0 win at Lecce with Martinez double
- Ranji Trophy Live Score Quarterfinal Day 4 updates: Andhra on track for win vs MP; Mumbai takes lead vs Baroda
- Inter Miami vs LA Galaxy LIVE score, MLS updates: Callender saves penalty as match stays goalless at half time; LA 0-0 MIA
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test: IND 40/0, needs 152 runs more to take unassailable series lead
- Bundesliga: Dortmund stunned 3-2 at home by Hoffenheim