North Zone was bundled out for 60 in its chase against South Zone during the first set of matches of the 2023 Deodhar Trophy in Puducherry on Monday.
This is the lowest total recorded in Deodhar Trophy history, surpassing the score of 68 scored by North Zone against South Zone in 1993/94. In that game, South Zone was bundled out for 82 in the first innings, but still managed to win by 14 runs. The match was held at the Lalabhai Contractor Stadium in Surat.
Vidwath Kaverappa was the pick of the bowlers, completing a fifer, as he picked up from where he left off in the Duleep trophy final. He ended with match figures of 5/17 in 6 overs.
Mandeep Singh and opener Shubham Khajuria were the only batters to cross double-digits as the North Zone top-order crumbled to Kaverappa. Sai Kishore, Washington Sundar, V Koushik and Vijaykumar Vyshak chipped in to pick up the remaining wickets.
In a match that saw continous interruptions due to rain, North Zone’s target was revised three times, eventually losing the match by 185 runs, according to the VJD method.
Earlier, fifties from Rohan Kunnumal, Mayank Agarwal and N Jagadeesan powered South Zone to 303/8 in 50 overs.
- ICC World Cup 2023: Maxwell’s ‘big show’ sets up Australia’s record 309-run win over Netherlands
- Pakistan aims to sharpen pace and spin ahead of South African challenge in Chennai
- Australia vs Netherlands Highlights, World Cup 2023: Warner, Maxwell hit centuries; Zampa picks four as AUS wins by 309 runs
- Europa League 2023-24: Polish champions lay on cheap trains for fans ahead of ‘home’ match against Sporting CP
- Bosnia FA sanctioned by UEFA over crowd trouble