England’s team bus was held up by ‘Just Stop Oil’ protesters when it was headed to Lord’s ahead of the first day of their one-off test against Ireland on Thursday, England batter Jonny Bairstow said.
Bairstow posted a photo on social media from inside the bus showing protesters and police officers in the middle of the road.
“If we’re a bit late it’s not our fault,” Bairstow wrote on Instagram.
‘Just Stop Oil’ protesters have held up sports events in the last few months, halting the world snooker championship and the English Premiership rugby final.
One protester climbed onto a table and scattered a bag of orange powder paint at the snooker tournament while protesters invaded the pitch 15 minutes into the rugby match at Twickenham between Saracens and Sale.
- World Cup 2023: Pakistan vs New Zealand warm-up match to be played behind closed doors
- AFC Cup: Mohun Bagan beats Odisha FC 4-0, begins campaign in style
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan SG AFC Cup HIGHLIGHTS: OFC 0-4 MBSG, Dimitri scores brace as Mariners demolish Juggernauts
- Why was Ravichandran Ashwin picked in ODI team despite not playing the format since Jan 2022
- Asian Games 2023, September 20: Indians in Action, schedule, events, LIVE streaming details, timings in IST