Mumbai Indians off-spinner Harbhajan Singh has criticised the ‘disgraceful’ behaviour of a pilot employed with Jet Airways when on board a flight. In a series of messages on Twitter , Harbhajan pointed out the pilot’s remarks directed at an Indian in the flight; in its reproduction, it reeks of prejudiced hatred towards Indians.
Harbhajan also mentioned that the pilot, named Bernd Hoesslin, had “physically assaulted” a lady and “abused” a physically challenged man.
Other details of the flight, ie, the locations it served in travel, and the date of travel, are yet unknown. In his final tweet, Harbhajan wrote, “Strict action must be taken and such things should not be allowed or tolerated in our country... #proudtobeindian let’s get together and sort this (sic).”
Harbhajan has featured in all of Mumbai Indians’ matches this Indian Premier League season. The team plays its next match against Gujarat Lions in Rajkot.
- WPL 2024: All-round show helps Delhi Capitals thrash UP Warriorz by nine wickets for season’s first win
- Hard work, determination and a bit of kismet: For RCB’s Asha Sobhana, WPL is just the start
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- NBA: Clippers unveil new uniforms, logo for next season
- Bayern Munich signs Max Eberl as sporting director