Test batsman Marcus Harris and rising star Will Pucovski have combined to record the biggest batting partnership in the history of Australia's Sheffield Shield domestic first class competition.
The pair put on 486 in an opening stand for Victoria against South Australia, breaking the 30-year-old record set by brothers Steve and Mark Waugh. The partnership finally ended when Harris was out on Sunday for 239.
The Waugh twins had owned the record since 1990 when they put on 464 for New South Wales against Western Australia.
Harris and Pucovski's partnership now becomes the largest since the Sheffield Shield began in 1892.
- From Satwik-Chirag’s highs to Sindhu’s lows, Asian Games 2023 a test for India’s badminton faithful
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup venues confirmed: Dallas, Florida and New York get the nod
- Mohammed Siraj back at No.1 in ICC Men’s ODI bowling rankings
- Asian Games 2023 Live Score and Updates, September 20: Indians in action in rowing, pentathlon; Volleyball men’s team faces South Korea
- Manchester United vs Bayern Munich - a trip down memory lane of the historic 1999 Champions League final