Former England footballer David Beckham will likely be in attendance during the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 semifinal between India and New Zealand at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Wednesday.
Beckham is in India on a three-day visit in his role as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador. The International Cricket Council (ICC) had earlier announced a partnership to empower women and girls and promote inclusion and gender equality through cricket.
India topped the league stages of the 2023 ODI World Cup, winning all nine of its encounters. New Zealand finished fourth in the standings, qualifying to the semis after a comprehensive win against Sri Lanka in its last match and Pakistan’s loss to England.
The first semifinal between India and New Zealand will be held on November 15, while Australia and South Africa face off in the other semifinal in Kolkata the next day.
- WPL 2024: All-round show helps Delhi Capitals thrash UP Warriorz by nine wickets for season’s first win
- Hard work, determination and a bit of kismet: For RCB’s Asha Sobhana, WPL is just the start
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- NBA: Clippers unveil new uniforms, logo for next season
- Bayern Munich signs Max Eberl as sporting director