Virat Kohli’s splendid World Cup campaign in 2023 saw him leapfrog compatriot Sachin Tendulkar for most runs scored in a single edition of the World Cup.
Sachin had scored 673 runs in the 2003 edition and held the top spot for 20 years.
FOLLOW LIVE BLOG: India vs Australia World Cup 2023 Final
India captain Rohit Sharma fell just three runs short of going past 600 runs back-to-back World Cup editions. He had scored 648 runs in 2019 and managed 597 in the current edition.
New Zealand’s Rachin Ravindra entered the top 10 in this edition with his 578 runs in 10 innings. This was also the joint-most by a Kiwi batter in a single edition of the tournament.
Here is the list of most runs in a single World Cup edition:
|Shakib Al Hasan||2019||8||606||86.57||2/5|
|Quinton de Kock||2023||10||594||59.40||4/0|
- India vs Australia Live Score Updates, World Cup 2023 Final: IND 169/4 (34) vs AUS; Rahul, Jadeja at crease after Kohli falls
- IND vs AUS: Virat Kohli overtakes Ricky Ponting for most runs in ICC World Cups, goes 2nd behind Sachin Tendulkar
- IND vs AUS Live scorecard, World Cup 2023 Final: Virat Kohli falls after getting to fifty; Australia in control vs India
- IND vs AUS: Rohit Sharma overtakes Sangakkara in most runs in ICC World Cups list, moves into 4th place in overall list
- Most runs in a World Cup edition: Virat Kohli overtakes Sachin Tendulkar, Rohit in top 10