The 13th edition of the ICC ODI World Cup will be played in India from October 5 to November 19.
Ten teams are participating in the tournament, which will be played in a single round-robin group stage format, followed by the semifinals and final.
Australia’s Adam Zampa picked two wickets against Bangladesh to climb to the top of the list, with 22 wickets, while also breaking the record for most wickets by an Australian spinner in a single World Cup edition.
Sri Lanka’s Dilshan Madushanka is second with 21 wickets while South Africa’s Gerald Coetzee is third with 18.
Shaheen Afridi became the new entrant in the top five after picking two wickets against England and sits joint third alongside Coetzee with 18 wickets.
Here are the leading wicket-takers in World Cup 2023:
|Adam Zampa (AUS)||9||22||18.90||5.26||4/8|
|Dilshan Madushanka (SL)||9||21||25.00||6.70||5/80|
|Gerald Coetzee (SA)||7||18||19.38||6.40||4/44|
|Shaheen Afridi (PAK)||9||18||26.72||5.93||5/54|
|Marco Jansen (SA)||8||17||24.41||6.41||3/31|
|Mohammed Shami (IND)||4||16||7.00||4.30||5/18|
(Updated till ENG vs PAK match)
- Billie Jean King Cup 2023: Italy overcomes spirited Slovenia to reach final
- ICC World Cup 2023 Points Table after ENG vs PAK: England seventh, Pakistan finishes at fifth place
- England vs Pakistan LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: PAK 244/9 (43); Wasim Jr, Rauf counterattack delays ENG win
- PCB, team management ignored advice to relook spin bowling attack before World Cup, says Misbah Ul Haq
- ODI World Cup 2023: Dravid on Timed out dismissal - ‘You might not do it yourself but you can’t blame somebody for following the rule’