The Indian team opted to rest while brooding clouds dispensed rain and a steady wind rustled through the trees here on Monday.
Virat Kohli tweeted a picture from his breakfast table as he and his men preferred to unwind in the lead-up to Thursday’s clash against the West Indies. Previously, India had snatched a close win against Afghanistan at Southampton's Hampshire Bowl on Saturday.
Meanwhile, Delhi fast bowler Navdeep Saini linked-up with the squad. He will serve as a net bowler as the team needs additional resources at training following Bhuvneshwar Kumar’s hamstring injury that benched the seamer.
India’s imminent rival, the West Indies, has been in town for a while. Jason Holder’s men suffered a gut-wrenching loss against New Zealand at Old Trafford on Saturday.
Ominously, Carlos Brathwaite, whose fiery ton nearly ruined the Kiwis’ best-laid plans, tweeted: “Where can I get a bat fixed at Manchester?”
- WPL 2024: All-round show helps Delhi Capitals thrash UP Warriorz by nine wickets for season’s first win
- Hard work, determination and a bit of kismet: For RCB’s Asha Sobhana, WPL is just the start
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- NBA: Clippers unveil new uniforms, logo for next season
- Bayern Munich signs Max Eberl as sporting director