The 2023 ICC Cricket World Cup began on October 5 with a match between defending champion England and 2019 losing finalist New Zealand in Ahmedabad.
The 50-over tournament features 10 teams, who will play each other once in a single round-robin group stage format. At the end of the 45 group stage matches, the top four teams on the points table will advance to the semifinals, which will be held on November 15 and 16. The final is scheduled for November 19 in Ahmedabad.
South Africa moves to the top of the points table after a nerve-wrecking one-wicket victory against Pakistan in Chennai on Friday.
India is second but has a game in hand while New Zealand and Australia remain third and fourth, respectively.
ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Points Table:
|Team||Played||Won||Lost||Points||Net Run Rate|
|1. South Africa||6||5||1||10||+2.032|
|3. New Zealand||6||4||2||8||+1.232|
|5. Sri Lanka||5||2||3||4||-0.205|
(Updated on October 28 after Netherlands vs Bangladesh)
- Europa League 2023-24: West Ham secures top-two finish after late win over Backa
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 5: Toss updates; Mumbai to bowl vs Saurashtra, TN faces Punjab
- Europa League 2023-24: Liverpool powers into last 16, Brighton reaches knockouts
- IND vs AUS 4th T20I Dream11 Prediction: India vs Australia predicted playing XI, preview, squads
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr LIVE Streaming info, Saudi Pro League: When, where to watch Cristiano Ronaldo, preview, prediction