Virat Kohli paid tribute to his idol Sachin Tendulkar after he went past the Master Blaster’s record for most hundreds in One-Day Internationals during India’s semifinal against New Zealand in Mumbai on Wednesday.
FOLLOW LIVE | India vs New Zealand ODI World Cup 2023 Semifinal
Kohli glanced Ferguson to fine leg and completed a double to get to his 50th ODI century. As he completed the run, Kohli lept up in joy before falling on his knees.
Upon getting up on his feet, he faced the stand where Tendulkar was seated and bowed in respect. In the stands, Sachin was seen giving a standing ovation to the batter. Kohli gestured to his wife, who was also in attendance.
Kohli had equalled Sachin’s record of 49 hundreds earlier this World Cup during the match against South Africa.
- AUS vs NZ, 1st T20I: Australia registers its third-highest successful run chase, beats New Zealand by six wickets in last-ball thriller
- Yashasvi Jaiswal breaks into top-20 of ICC Test Rankings
- Pakistan team fitness was lowest priority for Babar Azam, coach Mickey Arthur: Hafeez
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis