South Africa's opener Quinton de Kock had a lucky reprieve against England in the opening match of the World Cup on Thursday after an Adil Rashid ball nudged the stumps but the bails were not dislodged.
ENG vs SA: Blog, scores, stats
This was reminiscent of similar instances in the Indian Premier League (IPL). There were three such occasions of bails not coming off, leaving the fielding side groaning and the lucky batsman grinning.
Kolkata Knight Riders opener Chris Lynn, Chennai Super Kings captain M.S. Dhoni and K.L. Rahul got the reprieves in IPL.
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out handling the ball in second Test against New Zealand
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- NBA: LeBron James leads Lakers to In-Season Tournament semifinals with win over Suns
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup