Bhuvneshwar Kumar's father, Kiran Pal Singh, died on Thursday at his Meerut residence. He had been suffering from liver cancer.
He was 63. He is survived by his wife Indresh Devi and son and daughter Bhuvneshwar and Rekha.
According to ESPNCricinfo , Singh was first detected with cancer in September last year when Bhuvneshwar was playing for the Sunrisers Hyderabad in UAE.
"It is understood that Bhuvneshwar's return from the IPL in UAE, where he was representing Sunrisers Hyderabad, was mainly due to his father's health condition," the report said.
Singh had consulted doctors in the UK and was undergoing treatment, including chemotherapy, at the All Institute of Medical Science in New Delhi.
He was hospitalised two weeks back at a private facility in Meerut after his condition deteriorated.
"On Tuesday, Kiran Pal Singh was discharged. But he succumbed two days later," the report said.
Singh was a retired sub-inspector in the Uttar Pradesh police department.
- U Mumba vs UP Yoddhas LIVE Score, Pro Kabaddi League 2023: Zafardanesh, Guman give early lead to Mumba: UM 19-14 UPY
- Hyderabad FC vs Mohun Bagan SG LIVE score and updates, HFC 0-1 MBSG ISL 2023-24, Hamill scores opening goal for Mohun Bagan
- EURO 2024 draw: All you need to know about European Championship draw, pots, live streaming info
- EURO 2024 Draw live Updates: Final groups for European Championship to be decided, live streaming info
- Gujarat Giants 38-32 Telugu Titans Highlights, Pro Kabaddi League 2023: Sonu shines with super-10 to help Giants beat Titans in season opener